Welcome Slippery ROCKERS, we are so glad you are here!
Search Slippery Rock University for student employment opportunities all over campus.
All positions are contingent on a successful background check, and the completion of mandatory DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion), Protecting Youth, and Title IX Harassment Trainings.
Students can work up to 20 hours a week during the academic year, and 37.5 hours per week during breaks (winter, spring, and summer).
Students must be registered for at least 6 credits in order to be eligible to work.
Educational Benefits and Desired Outcomes of Student Employment:
• Ability to gain marketable job skills and develop interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to manage and balance school, work, social and personal responsibilities
• Develop effective verbal and written communication skills
• Learn the importance of working as a team
• Build self-confidence and work ethic
• Further develop interpersonal skills
• Learn the importance of customer service
• Develop multitasking skills needed for success in a busy work environment
• Understand the importance of taking initiative and being flexible and adaptable
• Learn to work collaboratively with other office staff members to accomplish common goals
• Complete work assignments in a timely manner
• Learn the significance of office politics and how to interact positively with supervisors and co-workers
• Develop computer proficiency in word, access, excel, and any specialty software used by specific offices
• Learn how to problem-solve, think analytically, and take initiative
• Understand the importance of being punctual and bringing a positive attitude to the workplace
• Dress appropriately for the work environment
• Acquire time management skills by learning how to balance academics, employment and social life
For general assistance with Student Employment and Handshake contact 724-738-2069 or firstname.lastname@example.org