Child Care Center: Preschool Behavior Support Professional Graduate Assistant
Position Type: Full Time
Credit Waiver: 9 Credits
Supervisor: Lisa Ringer; email@example.com
This position provides behavioral supports across programming in each of the three Preschool classrooms. He/She will be a part of the teaching team and will be involved in applied behavior analytic (ABA) based observation, assessment and intervention as needed. This position provides practical classroom and applied behavioral analytic experience that will extend the professional skills of the applicant, as well as make them more marketable upon graduation. The applicant will also work closely with the Special Education faculty to provide quality applied behavior analytic services within this setting.
· PA Teacher Certification in Early Childhood, Elementary, Special Education and/or Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services (Psychology, Transition Programming, Rec Therapy or similar programs)
· Leadership and supervision skills
· Strong work ethic
· Interest in ABA based behavioral support, practices, and application
· Collaborating with Head Teachers to create behavior plans to support children who are experiencing social/emotional/behavioral challenges in the classroom.
· Providing training and technical support to classroom teachers and aides in supporting the social/emotional/behavioral needs of the children.
· Supporting classroom staff in the implementation of the PATHS social/emotional curriculum model.
· Collaborating with the Head Teachers in communications and supports that are provided to parents.
· Assisting the Director and Head Teachers with other designated duties.