Child Care Center: School Age Program Teacher Graduate Assistant
Position Type: Full Time
Credit Waiver: 9 Credits
Supervisor: Lisa Ringer; Lisa.Ringer@sru.edu
Job Description: The School Age Program Teacher will be in charge of planning and implementing a program for after school children, ages six through twelve. That program will include homework help, free choice time, and activity time. This position provides practical classroom experience that will improve the professional skills of the candidate as well as make them more marketable upon graduation.
- Planning and implementing the daily program including homework assistance, free choice time, and activities time.
- Directing and supervising classroom aides (Undergraduate Students).
- Communicating with the parents about their children and the program.
- Communicating with Elementary Teachers about homework assignments and the needs of the students.
- Assisting the Director with other designated duties.
- PA Teaching Certification in Early Childhood, Elementary, or Special Education.
- Leadership and supervision skills.
- Strong work ethic.
Graduate Student Outcomes:
- Lesson planning and record keeping
- Communication with parents and children
- Classroom management techniques
- Supervision and mentoring of Undergraduate Students
- Problem solving and leadership abilities
Supervisors Expectations: Work Hours: Monday through Friday 2:30 PM -6:00 PM with additional
hours on School District holidays and breaks (paid at an hourly rate when exceeding the GA requirements).